Enterprise Rail Solutions help network infrastructure organisations and rail operators to model, plan and manage the complexity of their operations with maximum eﬀiciency.
From increasing capacity and continuity of service to management of operational targets and resources, staﬀ engagement and passenger satisfaction, our solutions will enable you to set, meet, measure and evaluate key business objectives.
Before network or rail operators can devise routes or complete timetables, they need to understand the capabilities and capacities they are dealing with. Our simulation modules enable operators to model the different possibilities and parameters, and make informed decisions about the best options available.
Infrastructure & Traction Modelling
- Using this tool, network infrastructure planners can produce run-time calculations, simulate live operations using flexible inputs, and test out the robustness of proposed timetables – without the cost and complexity of doing so live.
- This powerful simulation tool enables rail experts and engineers to validate design decisions, identify capacity limitations, manage conflicts, and predict the behaviour of rolling stock and signalling systems through strategic analysis.
Electrical Power Modelling
- This tool enables both infrastructure companies and operators to model capacity and timetable robustness in relation to network electrical power. Test out the demands on energy consumption across your network, and calculate ways of being as power efficient as possible.
Once routes have been confirmed and networks designed, timetables need to be devised and resources considered. This means constructing timetables, allocating crews and vehicles, and detecting and resolving any conflicts – before trains are put into action. Our planning modules enable operators to identify optimum allocations, and understand their requirements before going live.
- The simplest, smoothest way of constructing timetables across single or multiple routes, allowing planners to proactively detect conflicts and resolve them before they have a costly impact.
- Anonymous crew and vehicle scheduling to determine which trains and staﬀ can be used where, and allow for peaks and troughs in demand.
- A powerful tool for the automatic and “cost eﬀective” creation of crew and vehicle diagrams which is suitable for strategic, long and short-term planning.
Control Centre operations involve a multitude of management tasks in order to keep trains running smoothly and efficiently. These range from on-going tracking and monitoring to extensive re-planning and coordination of resource deployment during incidents. Our on- the-day modules enable operators to run highly connected, intelligent business processes, today and into the future.
Crew Rostering & Registration
- Get a holistic view of who is doing what today, tracking lateness and absences. Avoid inconsistencies and double-entry eﬀort with integration between crew control and HR/payroll systems.
- Execute your intended deployment of crew eﬀectively with direct communication with the exact people required. Keep everyone abreast of plan alterations. Alert crew to problems and provide in-contect guidance. Remove all the paperwork.
- Respond quickly and in a coordinated fashion in the event of disruptions.
- Make informed and timely decisions based on accurate tracking information combined with pre-defined or auto-generated response scenarios. Execute all necessary plan changes rapidly and consistently, disseminating plan alteration information to all necessary parties.
- Allocate the crew and rolling stock needed for the plan each day, tracking and forecasting usage over time.
- Anticipate breaches in operations constraints such as maintenance distances or consecutive duty hours. Ensure a single but open system of record for all crew and rolling stock used for data analysis and process improvement.
Contact Us to Learn More